Use of cocaine in a binge during which the drug is taken over and over and at increasingly high doses leads to a state of increasing irritation nervousness and paranoia.
Cocaine - Long-term effects
Long-term effects of cocaine encompass addiction irritation and frame of mind disturbances skittishness paranoia and auditory hallucinations. Cocaine is a severely addictive drug. Once having tried cocaine an person may have difficulty predicting or controlling the magnitude to which he or she will persist to use the drug.
Cocaine's stimulus and addictive effects are thought to be principally a development of its adeptness to prevent the re-absorption of dopamine by nerve cells. Dopamine is released as part of the brain's compensation system and is either directly or indirectly involved in the addictive attributes of every notable drug of misuse.
An sizeable toleration to cocaine's high may evolve with many addicts reporting that they pursue but falter to realize as much satisfaction as they did from their first exposure. Some users will regularly raise their doses to concentrate and lengthen the euphoric effects. While tolerance to the high can happen users can also become more susceptible (sensitization) to cocaine's anesthetic and seizure effects without increasing the dosage taken. This increased sensitivity may clarify some deaths occurring after evidently low doses of cocaine.
Use of cocaine in a binge during which the drug is taken over and over and at increasingly high doses leads to a state of increasing irritation nervousness and paranoia. This may result in a full-blown paranoid dementia in which the person loses touch with reality and experiences auditory hallucinations.
Addiction Recovery and Treatment
- Carfentanil Contributes To Sharp Spike In Opioid Overdose Deaths
- Fioricet Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Vicoprofen Abuse, Signs, Symptoms, and Addiction Treatment
- Cocaine Use Facts
- Stilnox Abuse, Signs, Symptoms, and Addiction Treatment
- Depade Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Duramorph Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Librium Use Side Effect Details
- OxyContin Use Side Effect Details
- Ativan Use Side Effect Details