There are many methods of administering cocaine; It may be inhaled through the nose 'snorting' or dissolved in water and administered intravenously.
Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Abuse
There are many methods of administering cocaine; It may be inhaled through the nose ("snorting") or dissolved in water and administered intravenously. It can be mixed alongside heroin for IV use in a syringe- the combination is referred to as a "speedball."
And by way of a extremely simple chemical practice cocaine can be made "smokeable" changed into a form known as freebase or "crack cocaine." Smoking crack coaine produces an instant and extreme elation that has the power to hook people virtually at once.
Alternate uses of cocaine encompass local anesthesia powerful CNS stimulation and feelings of increased vitality accompanied with decreased inhibitions.
Continuing use and reliance upon cocaine are attributed to its distinct characteristics of building an exceedingly pleasurable high that is very short lived; urging the drug abuser into more recurrent or habitual use to reach the longed-for disposition. Both tolerance and dependence may happen with persistent use of cocaine.
The drug is considered both physically and psychologically addicting. Habitual users may show mood swings depression sleep problems retention loss communal withdrawal and loss of interest in school work family and associates. Additional signs of cocaine/crack use include: ecstasy (exaggerated sensitivity of well-being) dilated pupils rapid heart pace (tachycardia) anxiety nervousness hyperactivity combative or frenzied behavior fever convulsions hallucinations and stroke.
Addiction Recovery and Treatment
- Carfentanil Contributes To Sharp Spike In Opioid Overdose Deaths
- Fioricet Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Vicoprofen Abuse, Signs, Symptoms, and Addiction Treatment
- Cocaine Use Facts
- Stilnox Abuse, Signs, Symptoms, and Addiction Treatment
- Depade Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Duramorph Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Addiction Treatment
- Librium Use Side Effect Details
- OxyContin Use Side Effect Details
- Ativan Use Side Effect Details